NOVUS Clean Energy is growing, and we’re looking for motivated individuals to join our team.
Company: NOVUS Clean Energy
Ownership: Private Company
Location: Addison, TX Company
Overview: NOVUS Clean Energy, LLC is a clean energy investment vehicle that seeks to identify, acquire, develop, optimize, and monetize solar and storage facilities to create superior returns for their partners. NOVUS leverages a deep bench of industry relationships to optimize deal flow and identify attractive investment opportunities. NOVUS has a potential project pipeline of more than 1 GW and prioritizes investment opportunities that are 500kW-20MW with high credit off-takers in markets yielding upside for post-contract revenue streams. NOVUS is governed by a Board of Managers and backed by Foundation Energy Company, LLC, a SEC registered fund manager formed in 2005 for oil and gas investments, which has raised and deployed over $500M across seven institutional funds.
Title: Project Developer
Location: Remote (preference for East Coast)
Reports To: President and CEO
Position Summary: NOVUS is seeking a Project Developer to lead and execute the company’s growth strategy, which is focused on generating new solar and energy storage projects in the US with third-party customers. This position will lead investment implementation, overseeing deal flow from origination to closing, and drive coordination of project development activities, formulation of commercial offers, and customer & related stakeholder management. This position requires a deep understanding of solar project development as well as experience with siting, permitting, and interconnecting renewable energy/energy storage projects.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage investment pipeline and drive deal flow.
- Lead all aspects of project development including market assessment and evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements, and agreements with landowners.
- Lead efforts in obtaining certain local, state, and/or federal permits.
- Initiate and manage interconnection activities.
- Develop market potential for NOVUS, create customer offers, negotiate, and win new business.
- Develop and model offers to meet customer needs.
- Prepare bids and offers combining features and commercial terms to attract customers.
- Assist in creation or content for support materials.
- Negotiate commercial contracts.
- Interact with legal support on PPA and contract terms.
- Capture customer needs and originate commercial solutions.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support.
- 7+ years of experience in project development, commercial management, business development, or sales with a proven capability to understand technical products and a firm understanding of energy markets.
- Demonstrated track record of developing renewable energy projects in the US market.
- Experience in project finance and tax equity methodology, theory, modeling, and risk assessment.
- Excellent due diligence, analytical, negotiation and deal structuring skills.
- Seasoned professional, both making and managing investments through operating partners. Proven investment track record of creating and closing transactions in most major asset types.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required. Capable of creating compelling new offers, responding to bids and solicitations, reflecting customer needs and communicating them to audiences composed of technical, commercial, and regulatory backgrounds.
- Ability to understand and underwrite investment risks and skill at identifying methods to mitigate those risks.
- Experience negotiating key commercial and legal aspects of major contracts in the industry (PPA, REC, EPC, O&M, Asset Management, etc.).
- Financial modeling experience using Excel with the ability to evaluate offers for consistency with business needs.
- Strategic, creative thinker with experience providing and interpreting data and analysis to support the development of new and innovative investment products.
- Work experience in the energy sector and/or within sales of new solutions a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- At ease building relationships with outside parties, internal peers, and senior management, thus enhancing the operational success of the company.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, business judgment and individual initiative.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Highly motivated, self-starter – ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator, encourages open discussions and welcomes feedback.
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work dynamically in a fast-paced work environment with a small but growing team. Experience working in a start-up a plus.
- Ability to work remotely, utilizing technology to stay connected to colleagues.
- Ability to travel 20-40%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, and 401k.